Food & Drink Scene
Fort Collins is known for its lively food and drink scene. From craft breweries to farm-to-table restaurants, there's something for everyone to enjoy. And with the city's vibrant nightlife, there's always a new place to explore. Here are just a few of the many options available in Fort Collins:
Breweries: For craft beer lovers, Fort Collins is a paradise. The city is home to over 30 breweries, including the world-renowned New Belgium Brewing Company, O'Dell's Brewing Company, Maxline Brewering, and MORE.
Whether you're looking for a light lager or a complex stout, you'll find it here. And if you want to learn more about the brewing process, many of the breweries offer tours and tastings.
Cocktails & Distilleries
- OBC Wine Project: After 30 years of brewing award-winning craft beer, Odell Brewing is venturing into a new category with the launch of a wine project. Dedicated to the exploration of unique flavor profiles in the world of wine, this project was born out of the brewery’s shared passion for the art of winemaking.
- Old Elk Distillery: Old Elk Distillery is a grain-to-glass artisan distillery specializing in small-batch, handmade spirits. They have a full-service bar and tasting room as well as offering tours so that visitors can see firsthand how their spirits are made.
- The Social: Industrial basement speakeasy with specialty cocktails, charcuterie & an ample absinthe selection.
- Ace Gillett’s Lounge: Sophisticated underground bar offering eclectic small plates & mains, cocktails & live jazz music.
Restaurants: If you're looking for something a little more upscale, Fort Collins has plenty of options. The city is home to several James Beard-nominated chefs, and its farm-to-table restaurants are some of the best in the state.
Some of our favorites include:
If you want something a little bit more low-key but still as delicious, check out:
- CO’s famous Beau Jo's Pizza: Check out their history here
- Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant: watch out for their margaritas!
- Union Bar & Soda Fountain
For amazing brunch, our favorites are:
- Lucile’s: Cajun twist on classic breakfast items
- Waffle Lab: for all you sweet-tooth breakfast lovers
- Snooze, an A.M. Eatery: Vibrant, retro restaurant servicing creative breakfast & lunch fare, plus cocktails.
…these are just the tip of the iceberg for the vibrant food and drink scene in Fort Collins, CO. We wish we could name them all!
Entertainment & Nightlife
Fort Collins is a great place to enjoy a night out on the town. There are plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. Since Fort Collins is the home of Colorado State University, there's always something going on.
- Old Town Square is the heart of downtown Fort Collins. This quaint little square is lined with historic buildings, unique shops, and tantalizing restaurants. The square is also home to a number of events throughout the year, including farmers' markets, art festivals, and holiday celebrations.
- The Exchange is a unique shopping experience in Fort Collins, CO. It is an open-air market that features a wide variety of vendors selling everything from produce to handmade jewelry. The Exchange is a great place to find bargains on local goods, and it is also a great way to support the local economy.
In addition to being a great place to shop, the Exchange is also a great place to people-watch. There is always something going on, and the atmosphere is always lively. Whether you are looking for a new outfit or just want to grab a bite to eat, the Exchange is the perfect place to spend an afternoon.
- The Comedy Fort in Fort Collins is one of the best places to see a standup show in Colorado. The Comedy Fort has been around for over 10 years and has been voted one of the best comedy clubs in the state and the intimate setting of the club allows for a truly up-close and personal experience.
- Aggie Theatre: The Aggie Theatre in Fort Collins, Colorado first opened its doors in 1905, making it one of the oldest venues in the state. The theatre has a rich history and has hosted a wide variety of events over the years, including musical performances, theatrical productions, and dance recitals. In recent years, the Aggie has become a popular destination for live music, attracting both local and national acts to its stage.
- The Lincoln Center is a performing arts complex located in Fort Collins, Colorado. It is home to the Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra, the Opera Fort Collins, and the Theatre Company of Fort Collins. The center also hosts a variety of other events throughout the year, including concerts, dance performances, and theatrical productions.
- Mishawaka is a hidden gem. This quaint little town is situated along the banks of the Poudre River and is surrounded by beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery. Despite its small size, Mishawaka packs a big punch when it comes to things to do.
Visitors can enjoy hiking and biking along the river, fishing for trout, or picnicking in one of the many scenic parks. There are also several restaurants and shops to explore, as well as a historic amphitheater that hosts regular concerts and events.
It’s clear that Downtown Fort Collins, CO is the place to be; with trending restaurants, nightlife and entertainment, craft beers and cocktails, and more, you'll have your visit to CO jam-packed full of fun.
While visiting Fort Collins can be an exciting adventure to plan, be sure you're fully prepared with a clean, safe, and luxurious place to stay. Urbanize has several Fort Collins properties available to rent. Book your next adventure today!