- Catch a Rockies game at Coors Field. The ballpark is located in Denver, and it's consistently ranked as one of the best places to watch a baseball game. The views from the stadium are incredible, and you can also enjoy the Rocky Mountains in the distance. Tickets are affordable, and there's always a great atmosphere at the ballpark.
Coors Field, Denver, CO
- Go for a hike or bike ride in one of Colorado's beautiful state parks. From Rocky Mountain National Park to Lory State Park, there are plenty of options for both experienced and novice hikers. And with more than 300 miles of trails, there's something for everyone.
For those looking for a challenge, there are hikes that take you to the top of 14ers (14,000-foot peaks). Or, if you're looking for something a bit more relaxed, there are gentle trails that wind through meadows and forests. We suggest downloading the All Trails app to help you select the trail best for you!
And don't forget about mountain biking! With endless miles of single track, Northern Colorado is a paradise for mountain bikers.
- Go for a swim at Horsetooth Reservoir. Horsetooth Reservoir is a perfect example of the natural beauty that can be found in the region. The reservoir is surrounded by Rocky Mountain foothills, and its clear waters are perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing. There are also numerous hiking trails in the area, making it easy to explore the area's stunning scenery.
- Check out the new art exhibits at The Lincoln Center. Located in the heart of downtown Fort Collins, the Lincoln Center features a rotating selection of exhibitions from both local and national artists. The current exhibit, " Contemporary Art Quilts" features works by artists of the finest national and international contemporary quilt artists. Art quilts accepted for exhibition will exemplify innovation in quilting and surface design techniques as well as excellence in artistic composition and craftsmanship. The goal of the exhibition is to recognize the world’s finest contemporary quilt artists and to advance the art form.
photo compliments of: https://downtownfortcollins.com/
- Have brunch or dinner on the patio at one of Northern Colorado’s many restaurants. Northern Colorado is a great vacation destination for foodies. The area is home to a culinary scene that features everything from farm-to-table eateries to high-end restaurants. And one of the best ways to enjoy the region's cuisine is to dine al fresco on a sunny patio.
Northern Colorado has no shortage of options when it comes to patio dining, so you're sure to find a spot that suits your taste. Whether you're in the mood for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you'll be able to find a delicious meal with a view in Northern Colorado. Here are some of our favorites.
A.K.A. Kitchen, Loveland, CO
- Spend an afternoon shopping in Old Town Square. This pedestrian-friendly area is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Visitors can browse local art galleries, sample world-class wines, or enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee. There's something for everyone in Old Town Square, making it the perfect place to spend an afternoon.
When night falls, the square comes alive with music and laughter. Whether you're looking for a night out on the town or a quiet evening stroll, Old Town Square is the perfect place to be.
photo compliments of: www.visitftcollins.com/
- Hit up the farmers' market for fresh produce and local goods. The region is home to numerous farmers' markets, where visitors can find everything from freshly picked fruits and vegetables to homemade jams and baked goods. In addition to being a great place to stock up on groceries, farmers' markets are also a great way to support local businesses and get a taste of the region's culture. Click here for a list of scheduled farmers’ markets in the Northern CO area.
- Catch a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Northern Colorado is home to two of the most popular concert venues in the state, Red Rocks and Mishawaka Amphitheater. Both venues offer a variety of musical genres throughout the year, making them a top vacation destination for music lovers.
Red Rocks is located just outside of Denver and features a variety of artists, from up-and-coming to world-renowned. The venue is also known for its stunning natural setting, with red rock formations providing a beautiful backdrop for any show.
Mishawaka Amphitheater is located in the small town of Bellvue, nestled in the mountains. The venue has a more intimate feel than Red Rocks, and it is known for its eclectic lineup of artists. No matter what your taste in music, you're sure to find a concert at either of these Northern Colorado venues that you'll love.
- Visit a new brewery or winery in town. There are dozens of breweries and wineries to choose from, each with its own unique atmosphere. Whether you're looking for a cozy spot to enjoy a pint with friends or a lively place to try new wines, Northern Colorado has something for everyone. And with so many options within easy driving distance, it's easy to visit multiple breweries or wineries in one trip. Here’s a list of our favorite breweries and wineries to check out! You won't be disappointed.
10. Go white water rafting on the Poudre River. The river offers a variety of challenges for rafters of all levels, from beginner to expert. No matter your skill level, you're sure to find an enjoyable stretch of river to raft. And what better way to spend a day on the water, surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of Northern Colorado? In addition to its scenic beauty, the Cache la Poudre River is also a great place for fishing, rafting, and camping so you have lots of options to enjoy this Northern Colorado destination.
Summertime is finally here, and that means it’s time to start planning some fun activities. If you’re looking for ideas of things to do in NoCo, we’ve got you covered. From festivals to farmers' markets, from hikes to bike rides, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 picks for summer fun. So put on your sunscreen and get ready to have some fun!
When you’re ready to book your rental property for your next vacation or weekend escape, be sure to check out Urbanize – where luxury meets affordability. We look forward to seeing you soon!